USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, October 23, 2006

Rabbit Hill Farm




14x18 inches
oil on canvas
silver plein air frame
$1,000.00

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com





Painters Tip



Make Up Compositions


Sometimes I like to take a sheet of paper and a pencil and make up possible compositions.


When I see a scene that I like, I will make up little rectangles on a blank page, about 9 per page. I make up possible compositions in these little rectangles and then choose the ones that I feel are most successful. I keep refining the best ones until I have the best of the best. That is what I will use for my painting of the original scene.

You can use horizontal, vertical or square, make them like the format you will be using to paint.

This works for any subject, landscape, still life, or floral.

It takes a little time but really improves your compositional skills.

No comments: