USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Blondheim Art Landscape Painting Trees




8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
silver frame
500.00
Purchase at www.lindablondheim.com





Painters Tip


Reference Materials


I keep a huge reference library and I add to it in various ways. I try to take my camera with me when I travel, to snap pictures of interesting trees, landscapes, vintage architecture and other subjects.


I also scour the internet for copyright free images of places and things which interest me. Google and Dogpile both have great images. I will often see interesting places when I drive around and I have been pleasantly surprised to find images of them on these search engines.


I also purchase a lot of books, calendars and magazines about Florida and other soutern states to get reference photos. My paintings never look like my reference photos at all. The photo to me is just a jumping off point to fire my imagination. Respecting the copyright of others is very important so copying photos unless they are public domain, is a no no.


Organizing all of these images can be a problem so I use three ringed notebooks to keep them in. They are easily organized by subject, year, or any other method which is useful for you. I simply use a three hole punch on the image either printed from my computer or cut out of magazines, calendars, etc. They stay in the notebooks until I am ready to look at them.

No comments: