USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blondheim Art Landscape Painting



12x16 inches
acrylic on panel
silver frame
800.00

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com



Painters Tip



Glazing

An artist wrote to me and asked about glazing with transparent color. I glaze with both ols and acrylics. I use Permasol transparent oils and they work very well. I like to use a scumbling technique, using old brushes to scrub the transparent paint over dry areas in the underpainting. I use multiple layers of transparent paint to build up subtle colors. It gives a richness to the color which cannot be achieved with other methods. I often go back with Q-tips to rub off the glaze in some areas.

With acrylics I use a special glazing medium which makes acrylics even more transparent than they normally are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice painting, Linda. Love the red in this one.
I use the scumbling technique on occasion and enjoy the results.

Dean

Linda Blondheim said...

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the kind words. Glazing really does add a richnes doesn't it?
Love,
Linda