USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, December 29, 2006

Blondheim Art Original Acrylic Landscape Painting



Fall Reflections
8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
silver frame
500.00
Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com


Painters Tip


Changing materials

I test a lot of products for my workshops sponsors and I really enjoy using products and materials I've not tried before.

Trying new materials, formats, and sizes is a good idea. When you are starting out especially. It is easy to get into a comfort zone rut and hard to get out of it after awhile. I know painters who only paint in one or two size formats and only specific brands. They feel comfortable with it and don't want to try anything new.

The problem with that is that sooner or later an opportunity for commissions or some other project will come along and they will not be able to paint well because they are using something they are not used to. The same goes for paints mediums and brushes. I think it's a good idea to be able to use all mediums at least proficiently, because you will have many more opportunities when you are versatile.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hi Linda, beatiful colours in this painting, lovely:)

I've included your link in the art link blog as requested.

Linda Blondheim said...

Artyparty,
Thank you so much for linking to my blg and for the kind words.
Love,
lINDA