USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, December 22, 2006

Blondheim Art Landscape Painting Rabbit Hill Trees



18x24 inches
oil on canvas
silver frame
1500.00

Work in Progress




Painters Tip




More on acrylics

I have tested and used several brands, but my favorites in descending order are Stephen Quiller, Golden, and Winsor & Newton's Finity. In my opinion the Quiller brand is the best of all. They have wonderful color and pigment load.



Golden makes wonderful mediums. I really like their glazing medium and the gloss gel, which gives the paint a little more body.



My favorite acrylic brush is the Polar Flow 1/4 inch flat synthetic. It is extra long and flexible. The cool thing is that the polar flo is super cheap, but a great brush. I wait and buy them when they are on sale. I buy two dozen at a time because I use them for both oils and acrylics. I also love the Jack Richeson series of small rounds. Terrific little detail brushes.



I like to put a few drops of retarder in my brush water. It keeps the paints from drying too fast. Using the retarder in the water instead of mixing it with the paint keeps the paint from getting a gummy texture. Using a spray bottle with water and a drop or two of retarder helps too.



I use a piece of 8x10 inch masonite or mat board slipped into a clear page protector, the ones that go into three ring binders for papers to slide into. First I use one side for a palette and when that gets messy, I flip it over. When both sides are used. I toss it and slide the board into another one. No mess at all.

4 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

a wonderful painting; the consistant slanted strokes is what really seems to make this painting work; pulling it altogether and giving it life and movement.

It has been fun getting to know you this year. Wishing you a happy holiday and a peaceful new year!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you so much for the kind words.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information, Linda! As a newbie to acyrlics, I hate shopping for supplies, because I feel like I'm shooting in the dark.

Linda Blondheim said...

You are welcome Maggie. I'm so glad my experience is useful to you. They are an interesting medium.
Love,
Linda