USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blondheim Art Santa Fe River Landscape Painting


24x24 inches
oil on canvas
1800.00
Available through High Springs Gallery
paddiwhack@bellsouth.net


Artist Journal

I have four college students living in my studio this week so painting has been minimal. It's fun having a house full of young people. Wow!!! Can they eat!!!!!


Yesterday, I spent some time drawing cartoons instead of painting. I love cartooning and would have enjoyed career in that. I get commissions for greeting cards and special invitations for my cartoons. People seem to love them. It is a relaxing departure from the serious business of painting.


Painters Tip


Painting Water

Three basic types of water:

Quiet- nearly motionless
Some Motion- a fish jumping
Rough Water- water contantly moving such as the sea or a river

Look for major patterns and the large major shapes first. Study and observe patterns of waves and reflections before you try to paint them. Look for the way water repeats itself.

A simple wave is made up of two reflected shapes, front and back. The wave is rolling in toward you, like a mirror turned forward. It will reflect the sky. The back of the wave is like a mirror tilted away from you. It will reflect objects behind it.

The color in waves can vary greatly because they are reflecting bits of color from objects in the water, the sky, the sand beneath the water and objects on the shore.

2 comments:

Paintdancer said...

This painting is really lovely and I enjoyed the tip. Painting water is very challenging for me.

Linda Blondheim said...

Hi Paint Dancer,
Water is definitely a challenge. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Love,
Linda