USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cone Flowers



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
115.00
unframed
purchase at www.lindablondheim.com



Painters Tip



A thematic approach


I have been painting in multiple series for many years. I think painting the same subject frequently gives you an interesting approach to design concepts. Finding a way to present a recurring theme in a fresh new way is a challenge.

My multiple series include the folowing themes:

Night Palms
Cone Flowers
Red Trees

I also like to paint in the same fields, the same trees, rivers, etc. including:

Evinston Florida
Florida Rivers
Orange Lake
Florida Farms and Ranches
Cross Creek Florida

These places are a part of my life and I have spent many happy years painting them. I know the people who live there and the history of the area.

The old cliche' paint what you know applies here. I believe having an intimate knowledge of your subjects will show in your work. I don't paint the South West or desert because I know nothing about it, nor have much interest in that region. Knowing that the SW is all the rage in painting these days, that may be shooting myself in the foot, but I do believe I paint what I know and love the best.

Having said this, I believe that we will paint what we are interested in whether we live there or not. I love fields and wine vineyards and I traveled in Italy and France some years ago. I really love painting vineyards, though there are relatively few in Florida.

You may want to think about painting thematically from time to time. My Red Tree series has been going for about 30 years and it is not something I work on often, but now and then I feel the urge.

No comments: