USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, December 01, 2006

Pnk Marsh



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
115.00
unframed
Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com




Painters Tip



Studies


I have been ill with this blasted stuff that is going around all this week and so I have focused most of my painting time on small studies which take limited time to complete. They also have simple compositions which I believe can be very effective.

Whether you feel fine or not, studies are very important for growing in skill. Devoting some of your painting and drawing time to studying a subject or composition will make you a better painter when it counts, on larger serious paintings.

Get into the habit of starting your daily painting session with a quick painting or drawing on something you are interested in developing. Perhaps a new series of works.

Consider the quick paintings as warm ups or prototypes.


Thinking of them as studies will free you up and take the pressure off of making a good painting. Without that pressure, they will often be great!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one brought a smile to my face...and its always interesting when a painter's use of their craft can have that effect on others.

Nice one...Linda!

Linda Blondheim said...

Larry,
I did this one when I was as sick as a dog, burning up with fever. I guess that explains the color choice. I'm so glad you like it.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! I love that pink grass, we have some down here and it glows when the sun shines through it. You did a wonderful job with it.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks so much Lori. I was able to be up most of the day today and was able to paint for a little while, so I guess I am getting a bit better.
I love all the marshes in Florida. There are endless varieties of grasses and colors. I need to get down your way to paint.
Love,
Linda

Mary said...

I had not visited your blog and saw it through artblogs4u. Incredible stunning work and interesting posts.

Linda Blondheim said...

Mary,
Thank you very much for the kind comments. I hope you will continue to vist.
Love,
Linda