USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Merry Christmas to All



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
unframed
115.00
Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com



Art Journal


This is my annual Christmas Painting for 2006. I do a new painting each year to reproduce as cards for friends and to send out via email to friends and clients. I change it each year. Some years I use a combination of symbols from other faiths too. Some years I do cartoons. It just depends on where my mind takes me on an given year.

Many of my collectors save their cards and some have purchased the little paintings from a year they like.

I have found it to be a fun project each year. I never think about it or plan ahead, I just wake up one day in December and say "This is what I'm doing this year".

I remember doing a Palm Tree one year wrapped in lights. That was one of the most popular years.

You may want to start this tradition for yourself. Some artists keep theirs every year and bring them out to display as a group, adding one every year.





Painters Tip


I don't know about you but I always get a bit melancholy during the holiday season, thinking of those who are away or gone now from my life. There is so much rush and madness during this time that we hardly have time for ourselves.

I think it is nice to spend a bit of time with our friends when we can. How about inviting your friends over for a studio party? Make some hot chocolate and stop by the bakery for some treats? Put on some good music and enjoy time together with other artists. Don't clean up the studio, leave it in its messy glory. Artists love to poke around and look at other artist's work. Set up some easels so they can paint together.

I have done these parties from time to time and they are the very best of fun.

6 comments:

jafabrit said...

I like your studio art idea, sounds lovely. Your christmas painting has a childlike whimsy and joy to it. Made me smile.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you. I love primitive and children's art so I supposed I am ever influenced by it's beauty.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog via the Peace for a day blog. I read your words and looked at your work and liked it. Your advise on throwing an artist's party in a messy studio made me wish I was an artist with many artist friends so I could throw a party like you described. Lovely lovely art. Thank you!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

You probably have many artist,writer,dance and theatre friends. Why not invite them to an artist tea?

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of not cleaning up the studio for a Christmas pary!

I am always a bit melancholy at Christmas too, part of its missing my departed family members and part is all the cleaning work and losing my studio space to the Christmas tree for weeks.

I think this year I am going to put my foot down and the tree will go somewhere else! Lori

Linda Blondheim said...

Lori,
You should. The studio is our special space in life and should not have to be shared.

Love,
Linda