USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Jackson's Gap
6x8 inches
acrylic on panel

SOLD

See My Paintings HERE


Art Notes Blog HERE




I have my monthly Open Studio Class this Sunday August 5, from 2:00-6:00 PM A snack and drinks are included. Bring your painting project with you and let's paint together. I also have drawing students who come too. Studio Fee: $20.00



Painters Tip


Keeping up with your images


I take digital photos of all of my paintings. I am very prolific so it would quickly be a problem for me in terms of finding the right paintings when I need them, without some kind of system. I use a very simple method. I save them in a folder on my computer for each month and year. Right now I am using the folder August2007. My computer crashed in 2003 and I lost all of my photos prior to 2004 because I did not back up my files. You don't have to say it, I know I'm a dummy.

By saving all the images by month/year, I can usually find them without too much trouble. I usually remember the approximate time of year I was doing a painting, and looking through those month's folders produces the painting I'm looking for.

The other thing I do is make a Business folder for each year. This folder contains all of my art business information, including workshop, tutorials I write, etc. So now I am working in Biz2007. I also make the folders in advance, for future activities. I already have things going on in my Biz2008 folder.

There are lots of software programs too for running an art inventory and I'll talk about those next time.

Using the simple folders in your computer filing system works very well.

No comments: