USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Dune Palms
8x10 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
500.00

Purchase HERE


Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip


Promotion

This is for my friends who wish to sell their paintings


I've learned something valuable over the years as an artist. People often buy the artist rather than the art. By that, I mean that people are fascinated by our lives as artists as they well should be. We have more fun than most people. We are able to travel, deal with museums, galleries and thousands of interesting people that the normal person would never meet. We see beautiful places on a regular basis, especially if we are landscape painters. We go to all of the wild and secret places that others pass by unknowingly. We live with exuberance and passion for our work, driven to it. This is no mundane office job we are doing.

Shouldn't we be promoting that part of our career to the fullest to our potential patrons? I cannot tell you how many artist web sites I see that have all of the usual links at the top, Bio, Galleries, Paintings, Contact, with thumbnail images, and almost no content other than images. These sites are incredibly boring. They give no hint at all about process, adventure or the passion an artist feels. When I visit an artist's web site, I want to know what they are thinking about, what they love, their funny stories, their attitude about teaching art or their process. Who influenced them? I want them to be a real and whole person.

Even if you want the standard web site, how about writing a blog and linking it to your web site? people want to know the artists they buy paintings from.

4 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

You're so right, Linda. Collectors love to hear about the adventure, and especially the story behind a painting. I think that's why--at least in my experience--my sales are better at receptions or events where artist and collector can meet.

Linda Blondheim said...

That is interesting Ed. Mine are always poor at those crowded openings.

I do much better one on one in my studio. My paintings always sell after the event openings not during them.

Love,
Linda

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, it is so fun learning more about you. Yes, it brings "you" to the painting, making the painting much richer. Thank you for sharing so frankly with us!

Linda Blondheim said...

Jean,
I am honored that people actually read my blogs.
Love,
Linda