USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Linda Blondheim Original Paintings



Dairy Cows
University of Florida
8x10 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
500.00



Painters Tip




Are you Building Your Mailing List?


I have mentioned this before but I cannot stress how important your connections are to your career as a painter. It's not just about selling paintings. Your mailing list allows you to share news, stories about your life as a painter, and your triumphs with all of the people who are interested in you and your art.

You probably meet people every day who should be on your mailing list. Friends from church, your business and office associates, other artists, art centers and museums and professionals you have business dealings with, are all worthy of your attention.

Have you thought about how lucky we are as artists to know so many people through our work? I have met fascinating people from all walks of life through my travels and painting trips. I have explored many hidden places in my travels and I think people enjoy reading about them. That has nothing to do with selling but instead with sharing my adventures with friends. Without my mailing list I could not do that.

I manage my mailing list through my Excel program on my computer. It allows me to sort through locations around the world and send regional messages to those who might be interested in various subjects and stories. I try to send out cards or news quarterly to my postal list and once a week to my email list.

Your mailing list is important. Don't put it off.

No comments: