USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, September 03, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Packing House
Evinston Florida
12x16 inches
oil on panel
SOLD

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip

Painting Architecture on Location

Painting on location is never really easy. You have to battle the insects, harsh wind and heat or cold.

When painting architecture, it is important to get to the essence of the building quickly. Taking a bit of time to study the most important lines and elements of the structure will help you to render the flavor of the building. Don't get bogged down in fussy details. Leave out what is not essential. The building, if historical, must be easily recognised by the viewer, but it need not have every little detail.


Take the time to lay in the lines of perspective in the beginning , so that it won't look odd or off kilter. This is the kind of work which will look best done with clean crisp strokes, with clear values and contrast. Keep the color clean and strong. Minimize the plant materials and tree canopies surrounding the structure. Make the building the star in your production if it is the main element. If the building is to be but part of the landscape, you will need to minimize the structure to a few strokes and values, tucking it into the scene. Crisp clean edge work is important with architecture.

2 comments:

NOGRITS said...

Hi,
Love following your blog - very very useful for me.
However, it is very hard to read on my computer screen - if there is any way you can decrease your wrap around and make your lines shorter instead of all the way to the end of the page. Right now the having to manipulate the sentence that runs off my screen is distracting and disheartening. I just know FeedBlitz can decrease the wrap around. Thanks, Shirl

Linda Blondheim said...

HMM, I don't know anything about that I'm afraid. It does not do that on my moniter. It looks normal on my screen and does not wrap around. I will forward this request to my blogmaster and see what he says.
Love,
Linda