USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Leaning Palm
12x16 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
800.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip

Painting Bark Texture in Trees


For me, the secret to painting bark is to minimize it. Hitting the highlights and darkest values and texturizing is a better look than painstaking reproduction of the bark. There is a fake look to bark that is too carefully rendered.
I often do vignettes of sections of bark for various trees. These little studies are done on index paper in small sections, so as to keep for reference materials in my tree workbook. Whenever I am out painting or with my camera, I like to take close up photos or do quick studies of various tree bark patterns.

The following colors in various combinations make good bark.

Ivory Black
Red Oxide
Burnt Sienna
Cad Red Light
Cad Medium Yellow
FUB
Prussian Blue
Naples Yellow
Titanium White

No comments: