USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Snapdragons

5x7 inches
acrylic on panel

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE



Painting Flowers

Painting flowers makes me happy. I like to do them in batches. It is a theme I go back to from time to time and a good one for building painting technique. Nothing is more important for florals than good clean brushwork and rich clean color. For that reason alone, painting florals is a good idea. They are also a great subject for learning positive and negative shapes, values, cropping and texture.


Good composition is essential in floral work so there is a bunch of good information about painting to be gained in painting florals. I usually do them in 5x7 inch studies because I am not really a floral painter. I do learn a lot about painting which I can translate into landscape painting techniques. Don't forget the drawing skills which can be learned from flowers too.

No comments: