USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, September 17, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Sunflower

5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
100.00

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog Here


Painters Tip


Find a Mentor

There is a lifetime of knowledge in the mind of a successful painter. He/she has worked tirelessly to achieve success, believe me. Success for artists is no small thing. A full time, working artist has a wealth of knowledge to share. He/she knows marketing, framing, painting, usually in several mediums, studio management, commissions, and he/she knows how to please affluent, sometimes difficult clients.

If you are a beginning painter, or emerging painter with aspirations toward a professional career, find yourself an experienced artist and become his/her new best friend. It will be the best training you will ever invest in. Take his/her workshops, study with him/her and pay for his/her valuable time. It will be the best investment in your own career you will every make.

I have to be honest here. When I was a young girl, I thought that getting a BFA and MFA was the secret to success as an artist. If you want to teach, that is true. If you want to be a successful working artist, it is not the best route. If I could start over, I would not go that route. Instead, I would hook my star to a successful, working artist and soak up everything possible from him/her. Hindsight is wonderful isn't it?

No comments: