USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



McIntosh Florida Palms
12x16 inches
oil on panel
champagne silver frame
800.00

Purchase Here

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip


Placement

Sometime you will be in a situation where you have a fairly small format to work on but a complex scene with lots of elements. Before you start, decide on which of the major elements you want to include in the painting. If architecture is to be featured, you must place it first, because it will instantly draw the viewer's attention. Trees and plant materials can be filled in around it. If the scene is more natural with large elements like palms or other trees, you need to decide which of those will be dominant, and then leave out others which are not essential to the overall scene.

Here is what I do. I make small dots on the canvas to place the elements. I will first lay in the top and bottom of a tree and then the width with a dot on either side. Then I will move through the canvas with more dots for other elements. I think about intervals in tree trunks and other elements, making them as varied as possible. I don't want them to look like little soldiers all in a row, and so I vary the heights as well.

Then I can go back and block in these elements, making a few adjutments to them.

This method saves time and frustration believe me.

More on placement tomorrow.....

No comments: