USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, September 28, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Shell Creek
12x16 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
800.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


I was shocked to see today that a person unsubscribe from the RSS Feed for this blog, with the reason that it was offensive and they strongly disagreed with the content. This hurt me terribly. I have maintained this blog as a way to help beginning and emerging artists to a path of success. No one has to offer help to other artists. I and many others do this as a service to the artists we love and respect. When I was a beginner, I would have loved to have references and experienced artists to turn to for help. I can't understand how I could have been offensive to anyone with this blog. I try to be strait forward about issues and offer a realistic view of the professional art world.

I deeply apologize to all of my readers if I have been offensive. It certainly was not my intent.

Love,
Linda


Painters Tip

Gesture Drawing:

The gesture drawing is the basic essence of an object. Look at what you are drawing,only glancing at the paper now and then. Work very quickly,timing yourself at about 30 seconds first, then lengthening the time gradually, trying to find the essence, as quickly as possible. Draw lots of subjects, like figures, landscapes, still life, animals, etc.
These should be simple contour line drawings, not detailed works.Do not refine. The object is to put the object on paper in a few seconds or minutes.
There is no one, right way for gesture drawings. You can do them large or small and on sketchpads, newsprint, or even scraps of paper, while you are at a restaurant or at your desk. They will help you to improve your drawing skills. Save the drawings and date them. Keep them in your drawing notebook.

8 comments:

franticom said...

Offensive? For real? Maybe there's disagreement about the way to do things but I haven't seen anything *offensive* at all. Or maybe the person hit a button during unsubscribe?

Don't take it to heart, your generousity is much appreciated!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you for your kind support. Of course there will be disagreement about technique and so forth but Offensive? This blog is pretty bland by that standard.


Love,
Linda

Joe Kazimierczyk said...

The internet is a big place, filled with all sorts of personalities - don't be offended by what a single person says or does. Who knows what their motive really was - maybe it was just a prankster's way of having 'fun'.

Even though I don't subscribe to your RSS feed, I read your blog every day, and of course there is nothing offensive here. I for one, appreciate all of the good advice that you give. Please keep doing exactly what you are doing!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks for you good advice Joe. I will move on :>)
Love,
Linda

Cecelia said...

Linda, Keep up the good work! There is nothing offensive in what you do. There are all kinds of nuts out there, so it was probably just someone trying to upset you, or being rude and ugly. Angry, or even jealous. Or, they just couldn't think of anything to say, so they just tried to be difficult. Don't pay any attention to that.
The only thing that I can think of is that someone who is older took exception to your post on older artists. It might be a bit of a sting to someone of my age, and the age you gave, to think that they finally have time to do their art work, and to read that they don't have a chance to be a success at it because of their advanced years.
(I disagree a little with that because I think that anything is possible. Not necessarily a sure thing, or easily attained, but it could happen. You never know who is going to make it and who isn't. Artists, and writers, just have to do what they can, when they can. Some will make it, some won't. But, they have to keep trying and keep their dreams alive.)
Maybe that is not it at all, but it is just what I happened to think of.
What you post is valuable.
I taught art and journalism for 36 years, and, now that I have retired, I finally have some time to work on my art, but funds are limited. I think of my mother who died suddenly as she was getting ready for her first solo show at a museum. She was looking forward so much to some success. She was 67. Most of her life was spent taking care of her family and teaching music lessons, playing the organ and piano. She turned to art when her children were grown. There are a lot of older artists out there, now.
Still, I didn't see anything offensive in what you wrote. I just thought that this is what you are aware of and have experienced. But, it doesn't mean that no one in the older group is going to make it as an artist. People just have to go on with their talents and their dreams and do what they can with their lives.
Keep on writing and informing us.
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

Linda Blondheim said...

Cecelia,
Perhap I did not clarify. I said it was not impossible, but difficult to do. I was talking about a professional career at a high level, nationally and internationally recognised. I still think it would be quite difficult given the time it takes to receive that kind of recognition.

As I said in the post, it is certainly reasonable for an older artist to achieve local and regional recognition after starting out.

My reaction is Prove me wrong!!!

Thanks for your wonderful post.
Love,
Linda

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, I do not see anything remotely offensive in your posts. They are among the most giving in all of the blogs that I read. You so willingly share your knowledge, and I appreciate it.
Thank you,
Jean

Linda Blondheim said...

Jean,
I really appreciate your support. My honesty gets me in a fair amount of trouble. :>)
Love,
Linda