USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, February 12, 2007

Blondheim Art 6x9 original oil painting Lake Alice

Lake Alice
University of Florida
6x9 inches
oil on panel
silver frame
350.00
Purchase: HERE





Artist Journal

I had a wonderful weekend with friends at my studio party. I love the parties because they give me time to enjoy friends. It also allows me to do research on what kinds of art people enjoy and what motivates them as artists and patrons. I always have a good feeling after the parties. My next party will be June 9-10, 2007. The theme will be a summer picnic (air Conditioned :>). We will enjoy hot dogs, homemade potato salad, and baked beans. The paintings will be from the coast. People seem to enjoy the themes for my parties.

Painters Tip

Holding a Salon

Back in the days of the Impressionists, wealthy patrons held salons in their homes. They were usually in the afternoon or evenings, drawing the cultured folk of the day. Artists, writers, and musicians attended along with patrons.

It is a shame that salons have gone out of fashion. It would be a great idea to start them again. I am convinced that artists need to be available to their patrons and to form personal friendships with them, circumventing the traditional gallery routine of having dealers act as the middleman between artists and patrons.

I have a studio party every three or four months, which is my version of a salon.

It is also fun to have artist painting parties. I did that for awhile. Every Sunday we had a two hour painting session among friends. We studied different books and methods together and took turns bringing snacks and drinks. It was terrific fun and I’d like to do that again.

If you have strong patronage and a following for your work, or you are trying to build interest, it might be good to have regular salons at your studio.

If you like to paint and study with friends, the afternoon painting parties are great too.

No comments: