USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blondheim Art Work In Progress


18x24 inches
oil on canvas
I'll show it again when it is finished.
Painters Tip
Alternative Studio Parties



I had a conversation with an artist yesterday who wished she could throw a studio party but alas has no real studio. She mentioned having an RV and that started me thinking about interesting ways to have a party.

I envision several possibilities with an RV. I read about an artist in Europe who travels from town to town in an RV. He has set it up as a rolling studio with a frame shop and gallery. He has studio open houses in various towns in his RV and makes his living selling paintings that way.

I was thinking that this artist with the RV I talked to, probably lives near a state park or some place that would be interesting and attractive to people to come and visit. Why couldn't she throw a party there and set up easels around the camping area to show off her work? I can see having a hot dog party or cocktails at sunset, or any number of activities which might be appealing to local or regional folks related to the great outdoors. Hiking trails with easels staged along the trail or under the picnic pavilion would work very well. What about inviting regional nature groups to get involved in the event and to give talks about their interests?

I am the "Artist In Residence" for Florida Trail this year. I will be going to their conference to set up my easel and show my work over the weekend. It is a great opportunity. That is the kind of thing that I'm thinking would be a unique way to have a party.



For that matter, a backyard party, a living room or garage party, or garden party, would also work nicely.


More on alternative ideas for studio parties tomorrow……



No comments: