USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, February 16, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Acrylic Seascape Painting

6x9 inches
acrylic on panel
silver frame
350.00

Purchase: HERE




Artist Journal

I'm working like mad this week, getting ready to teach an art camp on paintings flowers. The thing I like best about teaching workshops, is the study I have to do myself to be prepared. I take teaching very seriously and I do the exact same tasks that I ask my students to do. It forces me to go back to good fundamentals in my work and to do the exercises which make us better painters. I don't believe I would study if I weren't teaching. It is too easy to get into my painting routine, never giving a thought to good study time. Teaching keep me on my toes, and forces me to justify what I do in methods and techniques, not to my students but rather to myself.

Painting Our Favorite Flowers

February 24, 2007

Meals and Snacks included

9 AM- 5 PM

75.00

3 spaces left

Near Gainesville, Florida

Contact: lindablondheim12@hotmail.com

Painters Tip

Variation of Intervals

A composition needs variation to be interesting. Try not to make your intervals the same. Vary the heights, depth, planes of elements in compositions. Create interesting groupings in the paintings by using different shapes widths and heights. Creating dynamic balance is a goal. Too much of the same is boring. Too much variation causes your painting to lose continuity. With a variety of elements, the viewers eye moves through the painting, taking longer to see it. The longer the viewer stays in the painting the better.

This is a problem I see over and over in landscape paintings. Lots of little tree trunks lined up right in a row. Pull some trees forward and push others back.

No comments: