USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, February 05, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Landscape Painting


10x12 inches
acrylic on panel
Silver Frame
550.00
Purchase: HERE






Painters Tip

Breaking Rules Can Be Fun


I have long been a student of design and composition and most of the time I behave myself and stick pretty close to the tried and tested rules. Now and then I like to have fun, as in the above painting. It is actually one of my favorites. Crowding all of the major elements into the corner, making most of the cattle the same value and color, and pulling them out of the picture plane was a quirky way to handle the composition but I like it none the less. I have balanced it somewhat by bringing a palm forward in the left quadrant of the painting and positioning the black cow to draw the viewers eye up back into the composition.




Sometimes breaking rules can create dynamic qualities in a painting and other times breaking the rules ends in utter failure. You can never be sure of the outcome and that adds a bit of spice to your journey. I do strongly recommend that beginners study the elements of composition and design thoroughly before you start breaking too many rules.

No comments: