USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Acrylic Painting Sunflowers



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
unframed
115.00 includes shipping
Purchase: HERE



Painters Tip


Choosing Mediums For Subjects


If you are a one medium painter, this will not relate to you but if you use multiple mediums as I do, you can sometimes choose your medium relating to the subject you want to paint.

I love to use acrylic for florals. The crisp clean color and edge work makes acrylic ideal for flowers. Of course I have done many florals with oils,,casein, and even watercolors from time to time over the years, but I love them with acrylic the best.

For landscape work you just can't beat oils. Landscape requires soft and hard edge work, a lot of atmospherics and rich and subtle tones. Oils have such diversity and richness that they are ideally suited.

For fine detail and realism, egg tempera and casein are king.


I am not a watercolorist, but I have seen lovely floral work with that medium as well.

My point here is not to single out one medium over another. I am suggesting that some are especially well suited for some subjects. If you are using more than one medium and are having trouble with a particular subject, try changing mediums to see if another is better suited for your subject.

No comments: