USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Acrylic Painting Palms


8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
silver frame
500.00
Purchase HERE
Artist Journal
I am leaving the Daily Painters Group as of today. You will need to come to this blog to see the paintings rather than the Daily Painters web site. It became just a bit too expensive to be a member and I must be careful about where I invest my resources. I wish them all well and much success with the venture.
Tonight I am being honored by the local school board for my generosity in donating paintings for many years to their Special Education fundraisers. My name will be on a plaque at the school board office. I am very touched by this and happy to have touched other lives for the good.
My painting was included this morning on the ARTIST HIDEOUT web site, which was a real treat.
For Gainesville, Florida area friends, my annual Books, Inc. studio sale is in full swing. Paintings range in 35.00-500.00. and I have lots of paintings to select from. Books, Inc. is located on the corner of NW 13th Street (US 441), and NW 5th Avenue, 5 blocks north from the entrance to the University Of Florida campus.
Thanks to everyone who supported the Ebay Sale which ends today.
For anyone in North Florida, my Valentine Dessert and Coffee Party is next weekend,
9-5 PM both days Saturday and Sunday. The show will be "Small Works". Please come and bring friends.
Painters Tip
It's always a good idea to contact Workshop teachers before you sign up. Make sure they are familiar with your medium and able to accommodate your medium if it is not listed on the prospectus. I had a gentleman contact me this morning who is a watercolorist. That is the only painting medium I am not really qualified t teach at this time. I want him to understand that yes, I could help him with value, composition and other issues, but not with the peculiarities of the specific medium. Sometimes teachers will take students they are not really qualified to teach and that is unfair. Always ask a lot of questions before you invest in a workshop, so that you know your investment of money and time is well spent. If you are unsure of a teacher, ask for references. If they will not give you references, they are not the teacher for you.

4 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

Linda, I really like the way you handled the greens in your palms painting. This is something I'm working on, struggling with. Congratulations on your award.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you Ed.

Greens are critical here in Florida because it is just about all green. I have found value in graying them considerably, particularly as they recede. That has really helped my paintings to be more controlled than they once were.

Love,
Linda

Making A Mark said...

Ditto - congrats on the award Linda.

Some of the best advice I've ever had came from an oil painter who didn't do watercolour (which I was struggling with at the time). I think if people know that you teach about producing art rather than how to handle media then that's just fine.

Linda Blondheim said...

Katherine,
I nderstand your point. I just like to be very thorough about honesty in my approach to teaching and I would never want to mislead someone who uses a medium that I don't feel strongly competent about teaching.