USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Oil Painting Landscape


6x8 inches
oil on panel
silver or gold frame
300.00
Purchase HERE
Painters Tip
Transporting Frames
I do a lot of plein air paint outs around the South and I have to bring frames with me to put my paintings in for the exhibitions. Before I wrap them up I always put the wire and hardware on first to save time later. I use old pillow cases for paintings 8x10 or smaller. I use old blankets sewed up like a big pillow case for larger paintings.
I ship all of my small paintings through USPS mail and they give me lots of very good boxes in various sizes. They are free. I put the small wrapped paintings in the boxes. They hold two or three small frames per box. I don't seal the flaps, but instead I use masking tape to seal the ends.
After the paint out is over, I flatten the boxes to store again and they are ready to use for shipping when I need to send a painting. I get double duty out of them.

4 comments:

Tommy Thompson said...

Linda, Thanks for the great idea. Another idea: When we are transporting large dry paintings, we place between the paintings long strips of carpet padding (available at Lowe's), cut slightly wider than the frames. We place the frames back to back and fold the carpet padding back and forth to protect the frames and paintings.

Tommy Thompson, http://www.tommythompsonart.com

Linda Blondheim said...

Another great idea Tommy. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Linda

Leslie Anne Pease said...

Wonderful painting!

I wish I had the troubles; transporting framed work. LOL! Maybe one day... I will definitely remember these great ideas!

Thanks!!!!

Linda Blondheim said...

Leslie,
Success is right around th corner from you. :>)
Love,
Linda