USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Oil Painting

18x24 inches
oil on canvas
silver frame
Available at:
City Market Valdosta Georgia



Painters Tip

Workshop Preparation

I always provide a notebook for my workshop students based on the theme we are studying. I have been told that other teachers do not do this. What I suggest is that you make your own notebook before attending the workshop of your choice. The best notebooks are 3 ring binders from one to three inches wide, depending on how much information you wish to accumulate. For a long workshop like 5 to 7 days, use a large notebook. For a one to two day workshop, use the small.

Take about 20 sheets of index paper ( card Stock) and punch the holes inserting it into the notebook. This paper is wonderful for practice paintings and drawings. I always have specific exercises for my students to do and they use the index paper or small canvases for these assignments. You should also buy some lined notebook paper to add into the book for note taking.

These notebooks always have a clear protective cover , so you can make a cover sheet for that workshop with your name and the name of the teacher, the name of the workshop and date.

I encourage my students to use their notebooks over and over again after the workshop. I have one of my own for each workshop I teach and I continue to add to it with new information and research. You can do the same.

My flower painting workshop notebook also has dried flowers from my flower press added a few at a time. I glue the blossoms and stems to index paper and slip the paper into one of the clear plastic paper protectors with the holes in it. Those are inserted into the back of my notebook. I can use them to draw or paint whenever I wish.

Essentially, these notebooks become journals about painting from theme to theme with pages added in as I continue to grow as an artist.

I sell my workshop notebooks on my web site on the artist resources page. They are full of information and exercises for painting related to specific topics.

No comments: