USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, April 30, 2007

Blondheim Art Fun With Composition





See my paintings HERE




Painters Tip




Playing around with composition



I like to do little parts and pieces of landscapes and still life objects on paper, like little kids do. I make generic trees in various sizes, and color temperatures, some cool, some warm, Small and larger building shapes , still life fruits and veges, vases and bowls in various sizes. They are drawn on card stock (index paper), very simple. I cut them out and arrange them on different canvas sizes to play with possible compositions. "Why do this?" you ask yourself.






For one thing,they are just fun to play with and I think every artist should play. The other reason is that you can get some pretty interesting compositions this way without spending much time, once the pieces are drawn and cut out. It takes no time at all to put together multiple compositions. You can take a quick digital photo of each composition to save and look at.






To keep them fresh, I use wide clear tape to cover them and seal them on both sides. You can get fancy and take them to a store where the will put the clear plastic over them. The tape works great.

2 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

Cool idea. Yet another way to be creative and experiment without having to commit to a full painting.

Linda Blondheim said...

Yes Ed, I often use them at workshops to play with compositions. My students love the exercise.