USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Casein Under Painting



Transparent Oil Glazes



See my Paintings HERE



Painters Tip



I am working on a new technique I have read about recently. I've always loved the casein medium but I don't like the way it dries, very chalky. It doesn't varnish very well, rather unevenly. I read about a painter who was using it as an under painting and using transparent oils to glaze over the casein. I started the above painting yesterday. I like it. I have a bit of touch up work to do on the painting but I love the luminosity of the color and the detail is very crisp. It also has the advantage of developing much more quickly than traditional oils. I'll let you know how it varnishes up. Caseins and transparent oils are available through Dick Blick and Jack Richeson & Company.

1 comment:

Larry Seiler said...

I like this Linda...
curious...you must have varnished first, or used shellac on the casein prior to the oil glazes?

I might mess around with it a bit for fun...

nice piece