USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Bird Bath
6x8 inches
acrylic on panel

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE



Painters Tip


I like to use acid free mat board for many of my acrylic painting studies. I get them free from my frame shop friends. They are small scraps that the framer would toss out. I turn them over and use the smooth white side. They make terrific little paintings and the surface is very nice. You can gesso them or not. They are easy to cut with an old paper cutter in various sizes and they are perfect for miniature paintings which fit in the little easel back desktop frames. I usually get pieces from 12x16 and smaller down to about 4x6 inches. Many of them are beveled on the edge, so I cut off the bevels.

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

This is a happy little painting, Linda. That's a great idea about the mat board scraps. I have tons of those, and never thought about painting on them. You're so helpful with your information.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks Jean, Be sure to use acrylics on them or watermedia like casein, gauache,or even pastel. Be sure they are acid free mats too. The painting today was done on matboard.
Love,
Linda