USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Silver River
8x10 inches
mixed media
gold frame
500.00

Purchase HERE


Painters Tip

Blocking In

How much time do you spend on the early stages of your painting? Perhaps you need to slow down and spend more time on your block it. The block in is critical for good composition and building the framework for your painting. Here is what I do. I start with the rule of thirds. This is a compositional tool which looks like tic tac toe drawn on your canvas with a stroke of paint. It divides your canvas into thirds in both directions. The four cross points are considered to be sweet spots on the canvas, where major elements will look their best. You can see my example here.



I start with a single color and block in my major elements. If I am having trouble, I'll use a second color for corections. After this stage, I use a large flat brush to simply lay in the various elements and basic colors of the painting. Like This.



The block in is your road map for the painting and should not be rushed. I spend most of my time in a painting in that session. if you get it right, the rest is easy.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Congrats on the BOTD award!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you so much Sandy. I was really surprised and delighted.

Thanks for reading my blog.
Love,'
Linda