USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Trees
8x10 inches
oil on panel

See my paintings HERE

Painters Journal

I have created a new blog about my process as a painter, my art journal, my travel stories, recipes and restaurants I have found around the South. It is to be a more casual blog and less structured. This blog will continue to show my paintings and give advice for painters. I hope you will enjoy the new blog too.


Linda Blondheim Art Notes





Painters Tip



Using Your Signature


I think most of us know about the signature line we can insert into our email programs. Most all email providers have this feature, and yet I see few who are using it to advantage. Many artists don't use it at all, and most who do, simply have their web URL printed out over and over again.

The signature line can be a tag line for you, or give out information about where you are showing your art, such as gallery shows, museum openings and so forth. You can also advertise your studio parties, specific offerings such as a new book, poster, a series or new body of work. Don't forget to publicise your blog and it's offerings too.

My email program allows me to have five signatures at a time in it's memory bank. I can set a different default for each day I I wish to.

Think of your signature line as a teaser, peaking the reader's interest. Here is an example for you. I wish to promote both my web site and my blog. I can either give out my URL for both like this:

1.
www.lindablondheim.com
www.linda-blondheim.blogspot.com
or like this:

2.
I am always happy to gift wrap and ship paintings for you. See my North Carolina paintings at www.lindablondheim.com

Read about my painting methods and get painters tips each day on my blog www.linda-blondheim.blogspot.com


They are essentially the same thing, but number two entices me to click on it because it gives me the possibility of something interesting to look at or read.

Think of your email signature line as free advertising. Use it to the best advantage. You never know who may click on it.

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Oh Linda, this one makes me homesick for the South! Having grown up in South Louisiana, I am used to those huge, beautiful trees. I've been in West Texas for almost 30 years now, and I still refer to Louisiana trees as "real" trees.......as opposed to our mesquite and small oaks.

Beautiful painting! Luscious color and texture.

Linda Blondheim said...

There is nothing like the Southern LIve Oak Jean. Come viit and we will paint them together.
Love,
Linda