USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings




Mountain Studies





Palm Studies




Paintings matted and ready to go.


Painters Journal


I have a new and exciting project to work on. One of my friends is building a new home and she wants me to do a painting which will be made into ceramic tiles for the back splash in her kitchen. I can't wait to do this. It will be too cool. I have heard of this before from a painter I know in NYC who does paintings of chefs. My painting will be a rural farm scene with big Oaks and Spanish moss. I can't wait to get started. I really love being a painter. It gives me so many opportunities to do exciting things. I wake up each day being thrilled by the prospects to come. I think artists are so lucky.



Painters Tip



Practice for Fun


I am a big fan of fooling around in the studio for fun. Sometimes I don’t want to do any serious painting. Here is one of the things I do to practice and just have fun.

I grid off a piece of index paper into 2½ x 3½ inch sizes. I make little paintings, practicing composition and brushwork with acrylic paints. It is a warm up for me and a chance to use unusual color combinations.

I cut out all the paintings and glue them to colorful 4x6 inch pieces of mat board. These little paintings will fit in a nice little table top frame. You can find them in most camera shops and places like Hobby Lobby.

Sometimes I sell the paintings in a browse bin or on Ebay. Sometimes I give them to patrons or friends. They will go nicely into an envelope to send through the mail unframed. It makes a nice surprise for friends to receive them. I often send them to people who have helped me in some way with my career.

No comments: