USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Winter Marsh
14x18 inches
oil on canvas
gold or silver frame
1000.00

Purchase HERE






Painters Tip




Charity Auctions


A New Plan for Charity Auctions

I have given hundreds of paintings to charities that I support over the years. I always insist that the committee member come to my studio to pick up a painting for two reasons. First, I want them to see my new work, find my studio, and purchase work for themselves, which they often do. Secondly, since I am giving them a painting, I don't need to use my valuable time and gas money to deliver. If they are unwilling to come pick up the painting, they don't need it :>)


I've always supported charities because it is the right thing to do for my community, not because I have been getting anything from it in return. I am re-thinking this a bit of late.


Hence forth I am going to give gift certificates for my studio instead of paintings. I believe it will accomplish more because the actual patrons will need to do a studio visit to use the certificate or use my web site. It won't really matter if they end up not using it because the charity will have gotten their money from the patron. If they do use it, chances are they will make a more substantial purchase than the certificate is worth so I win too. They win because they are able to select a painting that they like.


I see no down side to this.

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Good tip!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks so much Katherine. Too bad I've been giving away paintings for 20 years before figuring this out. :>)
Love,
Linda