USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, June 18, 2007

Blondheim Art Aucilla River



8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
available at Linda Blondheim Art Studio
See more Paintings HERE


Painters Tip


Building Dreams


Do you remember the Field of Dreams film? Kevin Costner built the baseball field and the players came. It's that way with an art studio too if you work hard at it. My studio is about 13 miles from the city. I wanted to make it a happy place for people to come. I had a dream and it is coming true. I wanted to be the captain of my own art ship. I was tired of letting everyone else determine whether I would sell and prosper as an artist. I am beginning to see progress after much hard work.


My studio is in an old concrete block building with peeling paint. It is not "retail" looking. It is small but I feel there is something special about it. When people come in they seem to be happy, staying to visit for awhile. It is my salon, if you want to use an old fashioned term.


I work hard to make it a nice experience. I think having personal contact with people and making friends instead of just customers is a wonderful way to go through life as an artist. I don't do well at gallery openings. They are stressful for me. I really love having people come to my studio instead, where we can get to know each other and spend time talking about my work and theirs.


I talk to lots of artists who say they can't have visitors to their studios because the studio is in the extra room or garage or dining room and it would not be appropriate to show it off. I say, why not? If I can show my work in an old dilapidated building miles from anywhere and have parties and students there, why not their place too?


I think people are interested in artists and their methods. They love to come and see works in progress and find out about the secret world of artists.If you take the time to welcome them with snacks, good music and good company, you will both have a wonderful experience.


If you build it, they will come.

No comments: