USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, June 04, 2007

Blondheim Art Wekiva River Estuary



8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
gold frame
500.00
Purchase HERE


Painters Journal

Many of you know that I do a lot of product testing for various paint and art supply companies from panel and canvas makers, brush companies and paint manufacturers. Several of these companies are my workshop sponsors as well.

I am proud to have the following companies who support my students with samples, catalogues and discount coupons. I hope they know how grateful I am for their assistance.

Chart Pak, Inc.
Dick Blick
Jack Richeson & Company
French Canvas
Judson Plein Air
Central Florida Office Plus

Today I got a nice box of paints, both oil and acrylic and brushes by Grumbacher courtesy of Chartpak, Inc. and I am anxious to paint with them and share them with my next workshop students on June 23rd. Oh what fun we will have!!!



Painters Tip





Let's Talk About The Still Life


Unfortunately, I have had little time with still life this year. It is a genre that most landscape painters ignore, and that is unwise. Still Life separates the "men from the boys" as the old sexist statement goes. I think it is a very hard subject to do well and very complex. I suggest you look at Daniel Greene's Still Life and dream of his finesse. HERE

Here are a few ways to study this subject. First, gather many weird and not weird objects to keep around the studio. Lots of textures like glass, pottery,baskets,statuary,toys,organic materials like plants, tree parts, fruits and vegetables, shells or anything else you might like.

You will need a table or pedestal of some kind with various cloths to cover it. You should also have a goose neck lamp which is adjustable. I like to take a decent sized cardboard box and cut two sides off leaving two adjoining sides and the bottom intact. That makes a nice skeleton for a cloth drape,for nestling the objects inside.

More on Still Life Painting tomorrow......