USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Landscape Painting



12x16 inches
oil on panel
SOLD

See Linda's Paintings HERE



Painters Tip


Warm Up with Color

You all know how obsessed I am with warm ups for painting. I think it is always a good idea to warm up, either with a small study painting or some sort of exercise. I also think using color mixing as a warm up can be very useful.


I like to put out 3 or four colors to warm up. One day I will put out 3 cool versions of the primary to make all of the possible combinations. The next time, I will put out three warm. On another day, I will focus my mixing on analogous, tertiary,triads, and so forth. Other times I will try unusual palettes for tonal work.

I believe color mixing practice is good and something that most pros no longer do. Some of us get into ruts after a time of being a professional artist, using the same palette for years because it is comfortable.

Mix it up now and then and take some new risks.

No comments: