USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, June 08, 2007

Blondheim Art Rabbit Hill Farm Original Landscape Painting



8x10 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
500.00
Purchase HERE



Painters Tip


More about Painting on Location......


Alla Prima is all about the light really, at least it is for me. It's not the time to dawdle along. You can take your alla prima paintings back to the studio to use as references for serious large format paintings. You must learn to think quickly and set up quickly in order to get the scene that attracted you to be there.

I am always amazed to see painters who bring out their entire studio to paint on location, They have bags full of equipment, big chairs, huge umbrellas, food,coolers, etc. to do a painting for a couple of hours. By the time their equipment is arranged and they are finally ready to start painting, the scene is no longer what it was.

This is the gear I take to the field:

Pochade box
Tripod
Folding garden bench for sessions longer than two hours. I like to have it to sit for a spell when I get tired. If the painting session is less than two hours, I leave it in the car.
Bottle of water

That's it. I put whatever panels, paint,solvent,brushes,and paper towels in the pochade box. I put my sunscreen and bug spray on me at the car. I wear a hat. I am no longer willing to do paint outs from June-August in Florida so I don't really need to drag the umbrella around with me. During the hot months here, I paint from 7 AM- 10 AM or after 6 PM.

I do have lots of things in my resource box in the car but there is no need to drag everything out to the field with me.

Painting on location uses tremendous amounts of energy and takes great stamina. The less I have to drag around and take time setting up, the less I have to use my energy for anything but painting.

More on painting on location tomorrow........

No comments: