USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Landscape Painting



Evinston Florida
8x10 inches
oil on panel
Purchase HERE



Painters Journal

I was dismayed to read an article in the Art Calendar Magazine this month, focusing on Florida. The writer has lived in Florida for two years and talked about Florida as some sort of paradise for artists, inviting one and all to move here and set up shop.

In fact, Florida is badly over saturated with artists and festivals and cannot possibly support all of the artists it already has living here. I always find it greatly disturbing when someone moves to a state and considers themselves to be an expert on the art market there after a short time. Then to add insult they invite all of their friends to move there too. Does it ever occur to them that the native artists might suffer for the smaller market share as a result?

As a Florida native, I feel somewhat Territorial about my beloved state and am not anxious to share my piece of the pie with the rest of the country. I have worked hard to develop a market in Florida and feel that I give my heart and soul to it's culture, history and beauty.

Florida has a substantial older population and many of these people are downsizing and cutting back on art purchases as the move into extended living developments.

Wouldn't it be better for artists to work hard at developing markets in their own state and region? Every part of the country has beauty and a rich heritage which should be promoted by artists. I can only imagine how much the California and SW artists resent the current plein air trend to jump on their band wagon.





Friends,
I have a couple of new activities in the studio you may be interested in if you live in north Florida. Email me if you would like more information.




Painting With Friends




This is an open studio session

on Sunday afternoon from

2- 6 PM the first Sunday of

each month at my studio.

Bring what you wish to work

on in a four hour session. I

will have bottled water or

lemon aide available and

crackers for munching.


I will

be happy to give critiques or

painting advice, but this is not

a formal class. I will be panting too. I will have

still life materials for a painting

from life set up. Drawing,

pastels, acrylics, watercolor,

oils, casein and gouache are

all welcome.



There will be many photo

reference books and lesson

books to follow if you wish.



Studio Fee: 20.00








Let’s Make Art Pins



Linda Blondheim Art Studio



Saturday



August 4, 2007



9 AM- 5 PM



Breakfast and Lunch Included



75.00



This is a really fun camp using colored pencil, markers,acrylics, and ink to make fun art pins on Mat Board.



Pins make a great gift!!!

Every theme and subject is possible, from miniature realism

to abstract.

All materials are included. Just bring your imagination.








Painters Tip


More on Painting on location....


I keep a full studio set up in my car at all times. In my case, I have a full acrylic set up and a full oil set up. I have a pochade box for each. I prefer the Guerrilla Box made by Judson Plein Air. I have tried others and of course the Open Box M is beautifully made, but I love the Guerrilla Box because it holds everything I will need to paint in one box. I don't like having all of the extra bags and equipment to carry around. It is also the sturdiest Box. We all have our favorites.


I use one of the office supply file boxes on wheels for my carry all box. It has a collapsible handle. I also use a large cardboard box without lid in the car for my "things", like duct tape,clamps,shower curtain,rolls of paper towels, cans of extra solvent,sun screen, bug juice,bottled water,painting supports, an extra box of paints that I might use occasionally but don't want to keep in my pochade box, extra brushes,a jacket, an extra pair of socks and anything else I might need. This box never comes out of the car. It is very convenient.

More on outdoor painting tomorrow.....

No comments: